Barks & Squeaks Autumn Brand Ambassador Search Terms & Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
Who may enter:
- This competition (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How To Enter:
- To take part in this Promotion, entrants must nominate their pet to be Barks & Squeaks next brand ambassador by:
- Following @barksandsqueaks
- Being active on our account – show us that you know us and feel engaged by our brand
- Tag 3 friends in the comments of the promotional post
- In the comments state why you would like to be a model
- Create and share an Instagram post using the photo from the promotional post with up to 9 of your best photos modelling accessories or products. They don’t need to be ‘official’ model photos. They just need to show your dog showcasing products. Use the caption “This is my entry for the search for #barksandsqueaksbrandambassador and tag @barksandsqueaks so we can find your post
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Only one entry per account. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not fulfil all the steps required for entry will be disqualified.
- Each individual entrant may enter multiple pets. Maximum 1 prize per entrant.
- To be eligible, the entrant must be the owner of the pet and must have an Instagram account for their pet.
- By entering the competition, the winner gives permission for the Promoter to use any photographs or comments by the winner about Barks & Squeaks products to promote Barks & Squeaks’ products and services, royalty-free and without any remuneration.
- The winner will be sent one or more Barks & Squeaks Original Design products and over the course of 3 months will be a Barks & Squeaks brand ambassador.
- By entering the prize draw, the winner confirms that the prize will not be used for any commercial purposes (other than to promote Barks & Squeaks) or personal gain.
- The winner will be required to use their social media channels to promote Barks & Squeaks, in particular the product or products which are sent to them as part of the prize.
- By entering, the entrant agrees to post at least one post per fortnight over the course of three months promoting Barks & Squeaks, and in particular the product or products they have been sent. The also agree to send copies of the photos to Barks & Squeaks via email.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree that if they win but fail to adhere to the minimum number of promotional photos that they will pay Barks & Squeaks in full for the products sent to them. Alternatively, they may return the products if they are in a re-saleable condition (unopened and not used or damaged in any way). The winner will bear the cost of the return postage.
Winner selection and notification:
- There will be 1 winner for this Promotion who will be selected from all entrants who meet the entry criteria set out in these terms and conditions.
- The winners will be notified by a direct message on Instagram. Notification will be within seven days of the closing date for the competition.
- To be eligible to claim the prize, winners must respond to the prize notification message within 7 days and provide shipping information. Failure to respond within the requested period or provide shipping information will result in the prize being forfeited by the prize winner. The Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the Prize is non- refundable and non-transferable.
- Details of prize winner’s name and county will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next three paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described below will apply. References to the “Promoter” include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- Subject to the above paragraph, the Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) acts, omissions and occurrences beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, including but not limited to:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize;
d) problems with the allotment or dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
e) any act, omission or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- If this Promotion is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law). Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering, you acknowledge that Instagram and Facebook bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- Entries may be subject to moderation. The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to deem an entry to be ineligible should it contain offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content.
- As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright) in and to works (including, images and text) comprising the entrant’s entry (“Work”), and consents to the Promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may use all or any part of an entrant’s Work(s) for any purposes at its discretion, including, without limitation, using the entrant’s Work(s) for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of this promotion, the Promoter, or otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s entry being invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the Promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. The winners will be required to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoter’s request.
English Law applies:
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize(s)), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize(s)).
- The Promoter is Barks & Squeaks Limited whose registered office is 22 Wycombe End, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 1NB.